Some people have asked me if the article is available for free anywhere. I know that my local library carries this (and many other magazines) so you can certainly go see if yours does as well. I don't think it is available online.
I should note that you don't need a subscription as they do sell copies individually. Whether downloaded or in print the magazine is just $6.99 and besides my article there is some great stuff in this edition on website building and book promotion, so I think it's well worth the price. Here are links for both the print and digital version.
Of course there is only so much that be put in a single article, even one as large and as compact as I tried to make it. So here are some other resources that might help people out:
- Forbe's Author Brading Article
- My subreddit that has advice for authors
- An Author's Guide to Goodreads
- My Goodreads Presentation from the 2014 Writer's Digest Annual Conference
- Goodreads Author video
- Goodreads How to videos
- Goodreads Presentations on Slideshare
- Goodreads Ask the Author
I hope that you find some of this useful.